Wednesday 13 November 2013

Isabel Marant Winter picks

Hello lovelies,
So like many of you I have been lusting over the Isabel Marant collection for H&M, but unfortunately don't have the money to fund my desires. However Christmas is upon us in such little time that perhaps I will be able to nab these either after or if I am very lucky as presents! As soon as I entered H&M's website I was filled with beautiful fabrics, colours and textures, I was in complete heaven. This is the day I vow to get a walk in wardrobe as soon as my life permits, as I dream of being able to see my outfits without having to rummage, throw or literally just stand staring, waiting for my outfits to choose themselves.

Here are my choices from the seemingly never ending dream collection:

1. So perhaps the Jacket with beaded embroidery shouldn't go on my Christmas wishlist at £199.99..BUT I beg you to not be tempted by the heavy embellishment and the injection of colours that lay amongst the sharp design of the quilted cotton twill. I want to be wearing this on an Autumn day for a lunch, no event or excuse needed to show of this beauty.

2.I have been obsessed with Marled jumpers and cardigans for a while and this Wool Cardigan is no exception. I'm happy to dish out £79.99 for a thick, warm monochrome woolen cosy up. I can't say I would actively choose to have a zip up, but I wouldn't say I minded too much either as I am too in love with the design.

3. The Sequined trousers (£149.99) kind of remind me of last years French Connection sequin legging phase, which sold out pretty quickly. However I prefer these trousers as they are ankle length which is great news to someone who is 5 foot 3, and have an elasticated waist so they do almost mirror the design of the leggings. I think they are stunning for a Winter's night out and really help with my outfit dilemmas when the weather takes a turn for the worse.

4.I couldn't resist adding the Silk top(£39.99) after being enticed by the glitter and the racer back. I really do hate the comparison and hype of 'Gatsby' at the moment- I think the fashion is beautiful but it's really been trawled out (plus the book is much better). The top is very glamorous, but still I am known to like to wear sequins, embellishment and sparkles on a casual day dressed down with some boyfriend jeans, or even paired with some leather leggings. I don't particularly mind what someone thinks- I feel more sparkly if I have sparkles on!

5.I picked the Cotton scarf(£24.99) despite it being in the Men's section. I looked at the collection as a whole and picked out my favourite pieces and really fell in love with it. I like the braid and the fringe trim, and think sometimes you can dull down a very dressy outfit with a simple casual scarf (that's if you needed to!)

6. The Suede Boots(£59.99) are from the children's section but seeing as I am size 4 I do see any problems in wearing kids shoes! I don't usually go for brown boots but there is something very attractive about them, and enticing me to style them with a dress and the Men's scarf that I picked out.


Have you found anything in the Collection that you literally cannot wait to buy? I'm expecting my dreams of wishlists and waiting to purchase will be shattered following a sell out...but none the less I can only pray!


Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment